Summer Institute for Teachers
- Translating cutting edge reading and writing research into classroom practice
- Making the most of children’s storytelling, dictation, and dramatization
- Developing effective strategies for teaching alphabet and print knowledge, phonological awareness and other essential literacy skills
- Considering the big picture of early education: teacher/child relationships, self-regulation, socio-moral development and more
- Bridging the gap between children’s’ homes and school cultures
Where: Rice University
Who Should Attend: Early childhood teachers (toddlers through first grade), administrators, literacy coaches, etc.
Dates: Tuesday, July 18–Friday, July 21 or Monday, July 24–Thursday, July 27
Group Registration (4 or more registering from the same school): $895 each
Week 1: Tuesday, July 18 - Friday, July 21
Week 2: Monday, July 24 - Thursday, July 27
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.348.5333 for more information.
Please note: CPEs are available for purchase through Rice University; please see option at online registration. Reasonably-priced dormitory-style housing may be available on the Rice campus for out-of-town registrants. Please call our office if you are interested at 713-348-5333.