SLC in the News
School Literacy and Culture is periodically featured in the news, both locally and nationally. Below, find the most recent stories that highlight SLC.
The Rice OWL Lab
- PBS NewsHour: “Telling Stories Helps Refugee Children Learn English” - SLC featured on PBS NewsHour
- PBS NewsHour Online: “Why You Don’t Need to Groan if Your Child’s First Words are ‘Walmart’ or ‘Pizza Hut’” - SLC featured in Article on PBS NewsHour Online
- Rice at Large: “An Unconventional Approach to Teaching Children the Joys of Reading” - http://staff.rice.edu/uploadedFiles/Staff/Public_Affairs/Multicultural_Community_Relations/Rice-at-Large-Winter-2015.pdf
- Jewish Herald-Voice: “Kids ‘Soaring’ From Fantasy Play, Teachers Say” - http://jhvonline.com/kids-soaring-from-fantasy-play-educators-say-p16102-127.htm
Creative Writing Camp
- Houstonia Magazine: “Best Summer Camps: Day Camps” - http://www.houstoniamag.com/travel-and-outdoors/best-summer-camps-2014/articles/best-day-camps-march-2014
- Rice News: “Creativity Finds Inspiration on Campus” - http://news.rice.edu/2015/06/29/creativity-finds-inspiration-on-campus/
Please submit all media inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.